I grew up on a Montana farm in a gritty, dive in and get your hands dirty, never give up until you succeed, kind of family. And for most of my life I was “successful” in sports, music, marriage, family, business and ministry. Still there were those times I found myself stuck and depressed, or resentful and angry, which caused me to drive harder, robbing my heart and relationships of freedom and joy. Maybe you can relate.
For years I was embarrassed to admit the walls I’d hit and struggled through, the added messes my drivenness created in order to cover, control and overcome my mistakes. But when I availed myself to wise counsel and coaching amidst a mid-life crisis, transformation occurred. My character was strengthened, new competencies arose and my success driven scorecard began to shift for the better.
Why Partner with Me as Your Coach?
Today my calling as a leadership coach is all about elevating emerging and entrepreneurial leaders, making their purpose, my priority. I am slowly replacing the “trophies of my success” with “pictures of clients”: coachees who are experiencing transformation from the inside out, leaders empowered to traverse the walls and challenges of their calling with hearts fully alive, teams and organizations more effectively advancing their God-given mission. If you or your team is stuck, or facing a challenge and could benefit from a coach who’s traversed a similar journey, contact me to start a strategic conversation that could avail amazing transformation from the inside out! Book your free 30 minute Strategy Session with me here.
- Associate Certified Coach – International Coach Federation
- Ontological Coaching Certification – Newfield Network
- Master of Divinity – International School of Theology
- Bachelor of Science in Business Management – Indiana University
- 8 Years Inland Area Head Coach – Converge Southwest & Church Planters
- Launched Entrepreneurial Startups – Business & Non-profit
- Planted and Pastored Highland Hills Church – 16 years
- Coached Entrepreneurial Leaders –non-profit startups
- Leader with Schneider National Transportation – Dedicated Services Division
- Married 27 years to Sue with our 3 adult children – Daughter Abby, Senior at Cal Poly Pomona – Son Zach newly married to Liana – San Diego
- Raised on a farm in Billings, Montana
- Invaluable wisdom gained – from redeemed “failures” over the years
My leadership experience in the corporate and small business worlds, non-profit and ministry circles, as well as family life over the last 30+ years have given me the ability to help you traverse the next steps of your life and leadership journey. I utilize a variety of Coaching practices, Business tools, and Biblical principles to partner with leaders and their organizations who desire transformational results from the inside out!
Beliefs are those things we assume to be true. Every leadership culture has them – including ours. Because our assumptions and beliefs greatly influence behavior, it is important to reveal our own unique set of assumptions to prospective clients. (It is equally important for you and your organization to become aware of the assumptions that guide your purpose and priorities.)
- The fulfillment of our personal calling and corporate mission is more contingent upon our personal, inside out transformation unto wholeness than any transactional program.
- Leaders are learners (disciples), and will rarely lead others beyond their own level of emotional, relational, and spiritual maturity.
- A primary measurement of good leadership is the degree to which those being led are positively impacted and transformed by their interactions with the leader.
- Transformational learning and growth of a leader is a holistic endeavor (of mind, emotion, body, spirit), not just an acquisition of knowledge. Sometimes we have to personally discover transformational freedom and healing from our past in order to lead our organizations forward.
- Our breadth of awareness regarding our beliefs, biases, and blindness will determine our potential for transformational growth and missional effectiveness (transformissional leadership). Objective insights (from familiar and unfamiliar sources) are necessary for leaders to effectively navigate seasons of significant change.
- All “transformissional” leadership is initiated and generated through conversations – with God, ourselves and others. Effective communication is key to missional alignment and progress.
- The worldview (beliefs and assumptions) of a few influential leaders will determine an organization’s culture more than any other factors combined.
- When we ultimately follow Jesus as our LifeSource and standard of Leadership… He begins to powerfully transform us from the inside out into a leader with a strength of character, confidence of constituents, and a competence of wisdom to accomplish the mission we’ve been called to lead.
Book a Free 30 Minute Introduction to Coaching session with Coach Dave here or learn more about LifeSource Leadership below.